The JAMB CAPS is the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board central admission processing system which controls all admission offered to candidates from all institutions in Nigeria which can either be a University, Polytechnic or Colleges of Education.
Earlier on, we wrote an article on what JAMB is all about, if you haven’t read it, please check it out here.
What of JAMB CAPS Portal? Having known what JAMB CAPS is all about, the portal is a sort of environment housing the activities of the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
You may also want to access JAMB Change of Course and Institution procedures here.
To check your admission status, you need to use the JAMB Caps portal to access if you have been offered admission by your school of choice or not.
To score high in JAMB, you will need to start preparing for very well by knowing the topics you need to read using JAMB Syllabus For All Subjects Here.
How To Check Admission Status On JAMB CAPS Portal
You can either use your mobile phone or Computer to access JAMB CAPS Portal in other to check your admission status. Those using a computer, can check it using any browser but if you are on mobile, you can also check with any browser but Opera-Mini (not advisable).
Steps To Check Admission Status
The step by step guide to successfully check your admission status are as follows:
- To start with, open your browser and type in “http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx” or you can visit it directly by click on this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx.
- After the page has opened which entirely depends on how fast your network loads scroll down to check CAPS UTME/DE Admission status and Click on UTME/DE Admission button to check and accept/reject your 2018 status of admission.
- Your details including Jamb score, institution, date of birth,etc will appear when you have successfully logged in to Jamb caps portal.
- If you are OK with the admission and school that offered you the admission, go ahead and click on accept admission.
- In the case where the “Institution and course space is blank” or you have not been offered admission, please don’t click on accept admission, Just keep on checking from time to time.
- Note 1: Be very careful not to accept admission when you are not offered or be in a hurry to accept admission especially if the school that offered you the admission is not your most preferred choice.
- Note 2: Once you accept the admission offered you, no further admission from any school will be given to you again for the year in question, so be very careful and think about it well before jumping into any conclusion.
- If you see not admitted and you are sure you have a pretty good JAMB Score and you have passed the cut off mark, then it may be an indication that your school has not released admission list yet
If you have followed the instructions above then congratulations, you have mastered how to check admission status on JAMB Central Admission Processing System Portal (JAMB CAPS Portal)..
Related Queries on 2019 JAMB CAPS
Some other candidates or persons who are also looking for the information you just read are also searching for it using the following keywords or queries:
- 2019 JAMB CAPS login
- 2019/20 JAMB CAPS portal
- 2019 UTME JAMB CAPS website
- JAMB CAPS admission status 2019
- JAMB CAPS registration
- JAMB CAPS link
- JAMB CAPS accept admission
- JAMB CAPS site