The list of postgraduate (PG) courses offered by the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU) school of postgraduate studies has been compiled. All those who are interested in applying for Postgraduate admission can now proceed and check MOUAU postgraduate courses below.
This post contains the various postgraduate courses which are available in the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU). Various aspirants and the general public can now check here for more details on the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike postgraduate courses. This article has been specially carved out for all those who are asking about the MOUAU Postgraduate Courses.
Other related searches to MOUAU postgraduate courses are: MOUAU postgraduate fees, MOUAU postgraduate courses, MOUAU postgraduate portal, MOUAU postgraduate form, MOUAU postgraduate registration portal, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike postgraduate school fees, MOUAU masters form, MOUAU postgraduate programmes.
Do You Know You Can Score Above 280 in 2019 JAMB? Download JAMB CBT App Now and Start Practicing Past Questions and Answers. Click Here To Download It Now.
See Related MOUAU Posts:
The Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, originally the Federal University of Agriculture, is a federal university in Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria.
It was established as a specialized University by a Federal Government of Nigeria Decree No 48 of November 1992.
It began formal activities in May 1993 with the appointment of the first Council and Vice-Chancellor Professor Placid C. Njoku on 27 May 1993, while other key officials of the University were appointed later.
The first set of students were admitted into the institution during the 1993/94 academic year with a student population of 82.
The nickname “Umudykes” or “U’dykers” refers to students, alumni, and sports teams of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture.
MOUAU Postgraduate Courses
A. COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS, RURAL SOCIOLOGY AND EXTENSION (CAERSE)
(a) Department of Agricultural Economics
M.Sc. and Ph.D. Agricultural Economics –Areas of specialization include:
- Agribusiness Management and Co-operatives
- Agricultural Finance
- Agricultural Project Management
- Agricultural Marketing
- Farm Management and Production Economics
- Agricultural Policy and Development
- Resource and Environmental Economics
(b) Department of Rural Sociology and Extension
The department offers programme leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Rural Sociology and Extension; M.Sc. and Ph.D in Rural Sociology and Extension in the following specializations:
- Agricultural Extension Communication.
- Agricultural Extension Administration.
- Agricultural Extension Education.
- Rural Sociology and Development.
(c) Department of Agribusiness and Management.
The department offers Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Agribusiness and Financial Management with minors in the following areas:
- Agribusiness and Entrepreneurship development
- Export Management
- Finance and Investment
- Cooperative Business Management
- Project Management
Entry Requirement for M.Sc.
- Five O/level credit passes obtained in GCE ordinary level, SSCE or NECO in not more than two sittings with the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Agriculture or Biology or any other subject from Government/History/Civic education, Principles of Accounts, Christian Religious Knowledge, Geography and a B.Sc. degree in Agribusiness and Management with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on 5 points scale or 2.5 on 4 points scale from a recognized University in or outside Nigeria.
- Agric. Degree with a minimum CGPA as above
Same as in (1) and (2) above with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on 5 points scale or 3.00 on a 4 points scale.
B. COLLEGE OF APPLIED FOOD SCIENCES AND TOURISM
(a). Department of Food Science and Technology
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Food Science and Technology; M.Sc. and Ph.D. with the following specializations:
- Food Processing and Preservation.
- Food Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Food Quality Control and Assurance
- Food Engineering
In addition to general entry requirement for Postgraduate programmes, Department of Food Science and Technology requires O’level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(b). Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, M.Sc. and Ph.D. with the following options:
- Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Community/ Public Health Nutrition.
- Human and Experimental Nutrition.
(c). Department of Home Science/Hospitality Management and Tourism.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Home Science; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Home Management.
- Clothing and Textiles.
- Child and Human Development
- Food and Nutrition
Hospitality Management and Tourism
PGD in Hospitality Management and Tourism; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Hospitality Management and Tourism with the following specializations in Ph.D
- Hospitality Management
- Tourism Management
C. COLLEGE OF ANIMAL SCIENCE AND ANIMAL PRODUCTION
(a). Department of Animal Breeding and Physiology.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Animal Breeding and Physiology; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Physiology
(b). Department of Animal Nutrition and Forage Science.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Animal Nutrition and Forage Science; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry.
- Forage Science and Range Management.
(c). Department of Animal Production and Livestock Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Animal Production and Management; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Poultry Production.
- Rabbit Production.
- Swine Production.
- Ruminant Production (Cattle, Sheep and Goat)
D. COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
(a) Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) full-time namely
- Agricultural/ Home Economics Education
- Educational Foundation
- Science Education
- Library and Information Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
(b) Department of Agricultural / Home Science Education
M.Ed. and Ph.D.
- Agricultural Education
- Home Science Education, Options in
- Home Management
- Human and Family Development
- Clothing and Textiles
(c) Department of Science Education
M.Ed. and Ph.D. in
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Mathematics Education
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Physics Education
- Integrated Science Education
(d)Department of Library and Information Science Education
Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph.D. in
Library and Information Science
(e) Department of Adult and Continuing Education
M.Ed. and Ph.D. in
- Administration of Adult Education
- Community development
- Social Welfare
- Industrial Education
- Communication Arts in Adult Education
- Extension and Distance Education.
(f) Department of Curriculum Studies
M.Ed. and Ph.D.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Technology
(g) Department of Psychology and Counselling
M.Ed. and Ph.D. in the following options:
- Educational Psychology
- Guidance and Counselling
(h) Department of Educational Management
The three programmes offered in the Department are:
- Sc (Ed) Business Education
- Sc (M.Ed) Economics Education
- Ed Education Administration and Planning
(i) Department of Industrial Technology Education
- Automobile Technology Education
- Building Technology Education
- Electrical/ Electronics Technology Education
- Metal Work Technology Education
- Woodwork Technology Education
E. COLLEGE OF CROP AND SOIL SCIENCES.
(a). Department of Agronomy.
Postgraduate Diploma in Crop Production; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Crop Production and Physiology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics.
(b). Department of Plant Health Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Plant Health Management; M.Sc. in:
- Plant Pathology.
- Weed Science.
- Plant Pathology (Mycology).
- Plant Pathology (Nematology).
- Plant Pathology (Bacteriology)
- Weed Science.
- Applied Entomology.
(c). Department of Soil Science and Meteorology.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Soil Science and Meteorology; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Soil Survey and Land Use Planning.
- Soil Physics and Conservation.
- Soil Fertility and Fertilizer Technology.
- Soil Chemistry and Mineralogy.
* No Ph.D.Programme in Soil Survey and Land Use Planning.
F. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY.
(a). Department of Agricultural and Bio-resources Engineering.
Postgraduate Programmes in Agricultural and Bio-resources engineering: PGD (No specializations) M.ENG in the following specializations:
- Soil and Water Resources Engineering
- Farm Power and Machinery Engineering
- Bioprocess and Food Engineering
Ph.D in the following specializations:
- Farm Power and Machinery Engineering.
- Bio-Process and Food Engineering.
- Soil and Water Resource Engineering.
(b). Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Postgraduate Programmes in Mechanical Engineering; M.ENG and Ph.D. with options in:
- Energy and Power Engineering.
- Design and Production Engineering.
- Industrial and System Engineering.
(c). Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering; M.Eng and Ph.D. in
- Power/ Machines Option
(d) Department of Civil Engineering
Postgraduate Diploma in Civil Engineering (no Options).M.Eng in
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Construction Management
- Soil and Geotechnical Engineering
- Highway and Transportation Engineering
G. COLLEGE OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- (a). Department of Forestry and Environmental Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Forestry and Environmental Management; M.Sc. and Ph.D in:
- Forest Ecology.
- Wildlife Ecology.
- Agroforestry and Forest Food Resources.
- Wood Technology and Forest Based Industries.
- Silviculture Techniques and Management.
- Seed Technology and Storage.
- Flower Production and Landscaping Techniques.
(b). Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Management; M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Fisheries and Hydrobiology.
- Aquatic Pollution and Toxicology.
(c). Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Environmental Management and Toxicology.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Environmental Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Environmental Toxicology
H. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
(a). Department of Accounting.
PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Accounting
(b). Department of Banking and Finance
PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D. in Banking and Finance
(c). Department of Business Administration.
PGD, MBA, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Business Administration
PGD: Five (5) credit passes including English, Mathematics and Economics at O’level, relevant bachelor degree not lower than 3rd class or HND at Upper credit level and relevant professional qualifications.
- Relevant degree from recognized university with CGPA not less than 3.00 on 5 point scale and 2.8 on 4 point scale,
- Minimum of one year industrial/administrative experience,
- candidates with PGD (Upper credit 3.5 upwards) maybe considered for the admission.
M.Sc.: is same as options (a) & (c) above, possession of MBA is an added advantage.
Ph.D.: is same as option (a) with CGPA of 4.00 (60%) on a five point scale and 3.5 (60%) on 4.00 scale, in a Masters Degree (M.Sc) from management related disciplines.
(d). Department of Economics.
PGD (without specialization) M.Sc. and Ph.D. in the following specializations
- International Economics
- Monetary Economics
- Finance and Public Sector Economics
- Development Economics
- Econometrics/ Quantitative Economics
- Economic Planning.
I. COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES
(a). Department of Biochemistry.
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Biochemical Toxicology.
- Nutritional Biochemistry.
- Lipid Biochemistry.
- Medical Biochemistry
- Enzymology and Protein Chemistry
- Biochemical Pharmacology
- Industrial Biochemistry/Biochemistry
- Environmental Biochemistry
(b). Department of Microbiology.
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Food Microbiology.
- Industrial Microbiology.
- Environmental Microbiology.
- Medical Microbiology
(c). Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology.
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics.
- Mycology/ Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology.
- Plant Cytogenetics and Biotechnology
- Phyto medicine/Ethno medicine
(d). Department of Zoology and Environmental Biology.
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in following specializations:
J. COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
(a). Department of Chemistry.
Postgraduate Diploma in Chemistry
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Environmental Chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry.
- Inorganic Chemistry.
(b). Department of Mathematics.
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Pure and Applied Mathematics with specialization in the following areas:
(a) Applied Mathematics
- Fluid and Continuum Mechanics
- Optimization Theory and Computations
- Financial Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Mathematical Modeling
(b) Pure Mathematics
- Functional Analysis.
- Deferential Equation
(c). Department of Physics.
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in:
- Geophysics and
- Engineering Physics.
(d). Department of Statistics.
PGD (no options) M.Sc. and Ph.D. with options in:
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Sampling Survey Theory and Methods
- Operations Research
K. COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
(a). Department of Veterinary Parasitology and Entomology
The Department offers PGD, M.V.Sc and Ph.D. in Parasitology and Entomology
(b). Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
M.V.Sc and Ph.D. with options in
- Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine
(c). Department of Veterinary Medicine
M.Sc. and Ph.D. Veterinary Medicine
- Large Animals Medicine
- Small Animals Medicine
- Avian Medicine
- Fish Medicine
(d). Department of Veterinary Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Animal Health and Production
M.V.Sc and Ph.D. in
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Animal Health and Production
(e). Department of Veterinary Anatomy
M.Sc. in Veterinary anatomy and Ph.D. in Veterinary Anatomy with the following options:
- Developmental Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy
(f). Department of Veterinary Surgery and Theriogenology
Veterinary Surgery Option
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Diagnostic imaging
Veterinary Theriogenology Option
- V.Sc with Options in
- Andrology and Artificial insemination
- Mastitis and Udder Health Management
Note: The M.V.Sc. Pathobiology is for Veterinary Graduates, while the M.Sc. Pathobiology is for Non- Veterinary Graduates with acceptable degrees in Basic Sciences and Medical Laboratory Science.
Wait!! Before You Continue Reading, Check Out Our Recommended Package Below
- Do You Know You Can Score Above 280 in 2019 JAMB? Download JAMB CBT App Now and Start Practicing Past Questions and Answers. Click Here To Download It Now.
- Your School Post UTME Past Question And Answers in PDF Format Is Now Available. Get It And Start Preparing For Post-UTME Immediately Cos Admission Won’t Be Easy This Year Due To The High Number of Applicants. Click Here Now To Get It
- Do You Need Current Affairs and General Knowledge Questions and Answers For NAF, NPF or Navy Exams or you are going for an interview or Screening Examination? Click Here To Download Current Affairs PDF
- HOT!!!Are You a Student or a Worker? Do you know you can make at least N10,000 a day just by reading posts and commenting? Its 100% Risk Free. Click Here Now.