West African Examination Council, (WAEC) and NECO Selected and Harmonized Literature Texts / Books for Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations,
(SSCE) For School and Private Candidates for 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and
2025 Session In PDF | WAEC May/June & GCE.
The West African Examination Council, (WAEC) has released the Selected and Harmonized Literature Texts / Books for Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations,
(SSCE) For School and Private Candidates for 2021 – 2025 Session.
The WAEC Selected and Harmonized Literature Texts / Books contains the list of books which are recommended
as a study guide for students intending to write their final
examinations in senior secondary schools nationwide.
It consists of text for African Prose, Non-African Prose, Shakespearean Text, African Drama, Non-African Drama, African Poetry and Non-African Poetry.
WAEC Literature Text / Books for 2021 – 2025 has been uploaded online and can be viewed below or downloaded in PDF.
Highly Recommended: JAMB Recommended Textbooks for 2019/2020 UTME | All Subjects
WAEC Arabic List Texts / Books for May/June & GCE (2021 – 2025) | PDF
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei-Agyiri (2018 Edition)
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Let me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
- The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
- Fences by August Wilson
- “Black Woman” by Leopold Sedar Senghor
- “The Leader and the Led” by Niyi Osundare
- “The Grieved Lands” by Agostinho Neto
- “The Song of the Women of my Land” by Oumar Farouk Sesay
- “Raider of the Treasure Trove” by Lade Wosornu
- “A Government Driver on his Retirement” by Onu Chibuike
- “The Good-Morrow” by John Donne
- “Caged Bird” by Maya Angelou
- “The Journey of the Magi” by T.S. Eliot
- “Do not Go Gentle into the Good Night” by Dylan Thomas
- “Binsey Poplars (Felled 1879)” by G.M. Hopkins
- “Bat” By David H. Lawrence
See Others: WAEC Harmonized Texts for Languages & Literature (2021 – 2025) in PDF
NOTE: Literature teachers are advised to teach their SSS 1 students with the literary texts listed below while their SSS 2 and SSS 3 students are being taught with the Literature texts for 2016 – 2020 academic sessions.
NECO Students are also informed that the above listed texts are recommended for them for the academic years specified above.